- 3310 optical gaming sensor with 400/800/1600/3200 DPI to ensure ultra-accurate movements and responsiveness, giving you the advantage on the battlefield
- Ergonomic design with multiple shapes and sizes to maximize performance and provide a comfortable gaming experience for competitive eSports players
- Consistent tactile feedback eliminating double switch presses, ensuring efficient functionality, and sleek design
- Adjustable report rate 125/500/1000Hz for different levels of responsiveness
- No drivers required, allowing players to plug and play
Zowie Gear released their EC-A series many years ago, but as it still remains one of the best gaming mouse for CS:GO out there we decided to give you a more detailed look into it.
“ZOWIE GEAR HAS NO AMBITION TO BECOME THE BIGGEST MANUFACTURER OF COMPETITIVE GAMING GEAR. WE JUST WANT TO BE THE BEST. IF WE CAN DEVELOP PRODUCTS THAT WILL INCREASE A GAMERS PERFORMANCE BY JUST 1%, WE WILL DO IT. THIS IS OUR MENTALITY.”
If you are not Scandinavian or an eSports follower you might not have even heard of Zowie Gear. Zowie sprung into the radar of Counter-Strike and eSports people in 2009 when Swedish Counter-Strike legend Emil “HeatoN” Christensen teamed up with Abdisamad “SpawN” Mohamed, a legend alike, to take part in product development with Zowie. The result came out in 2010 in the form of Zowie EC series, named after the initials of the legend himself. The mouse was loved by Counter-Strike players and in 2015 it was made even better – the EC-A series.
In 2015 BenQ announced that all of it’s future eSports related merchandise will be released under the name of Zowie. If you know BenQ and its status within professional gamers this might give you a little hint of what we are talking about here in terms of quality – the best.
As said, Zowie EC-A series is basically the old EC series updated. So if you are wondering whether it will fit your hand as nicely as the old one the answer is yes. EC1-A and EC2-A are technically identical, the only difference between them is size: EC2-A is the smaller one.
Also see the following images for a size comparison between Zowie EC2-A and one of the most known gaming mouses, SteelSeries Rival.
- SENSOR: AVAGO 3310
- DPI: 400 (RED) / 800 (PURPLE) / 1600 (BLUE) / 3200 (GREEN)
- USB: USB 2.0 / 3.0 PLUG & PLAY
- BUTTONS: 5
- CABLE: 2M / 6,6 FT
- LIFT OFF DISTANCE: 1.5 – 1.8 MM
- POLLING RATE: 125 / 500 / 1000 HZ
Zowie EC-A series are designed for right hand users only and if you compare the feel with some of the hip n cool new gimmicky mice like Razer Ouroboros or pretty much any mouse by Mad Catz, it feels almost like it melts together with your hand.
The only complaint I have with the design is the DPI button which is located in the bottom of the mouse. For normal people this is not that big of a deal though, but for an old dog like me it is a pet peeve.
I have always played CS with 400 DPI and when I switch back to desktop I turn it up to 800. There’s no real reason why I couldn’t half my in-game sensitivity and use the same DPI for CS and desktop but once you get good doing something over and over again with the same settings you get sort of superstitious.
Otherwise the switches and scroll wheel are just perfect, no complaints whatsoever.
Suitability For Competitive Gaming
BenQ ZOWIE is in fact the most used mouse manufacturer in the professional scene of CS:GO. We think this tells enough.
Still not sure? Have a look at our CS:GO mouse buying guide.