We briefly covered mouse pads in our ultimate guide about setting up and jumped into recommending SteelSeries QcK+ to anybody. If you are not interested in studying the subject any further, it is still your safest bet but due to popular demand we decided to give a little more insight on the subject.
- Large and Perfect Size. The size of 800×400×2.5mm(31.5×15.75×0.08inch) will fit your desktop perfectly and provide perfect movement space. Applies to all types of keyboards and mice.
- Ultra-smooth Surface. Designed with superfine fiber braided material, the smooth surface allows more accurate mouse movement. Optimized for fast movement while maintaining excellent speed and control during your work or game.
- Non-slip Rubber Base. Dense slip-resistant shading can firmly grip the desktop to provide stable operation of the mouse and keyboard. It can effectively prevent the mouse and keyboard from sliding and moving.
- Water Resistant Coating. Effectively prevent accidental damage from spilled liquid. When liquid splashes on the pad, it will form into water drops and slide down. It's easy to clean and will not delay your work or game.
- Durable and Comfortable Material. Adopting high elasticity natural rubber material, this mouse pad will provide you with the maximum comfort using experience. The durable stitched edges protect the pad from wear, deformation and degum
- The Razer Sphex V2's ultra-thin form factor combined with the improved adhesive base, makes it perfect for those who prefer an unobtrusive gaming experience
- Developed to enhance your mouse performance, the Razer Sphex V2 is designed to bring out the best in both optical and laser sensors, and is optimized for both speed and control gameplay
- The extra durable polycarbonate surface of the Razer Sphex V2 is lab tested to have ultra-high impact, rip, and tear strength through intense gaming sessions and tournaments
- Innovative adhesive enables you to attach and remove it easily; making it the perfect companion anywhere you go
- Looking for a more portable option? Try out the Razer Sphex Mini for a mouse mat that delivers professional-grade performance while helping you maximize your desk space
- ✔【Durable Stitched Edges.】 This mouse pad has delicate edges which can prevent wear. Ensure prolonged use without deformation and degumming.
- ✔【Ultra-smooth Surface.】 Texture is denser with 230°F and high pressure treatment. Mouse can be quickly moved and accurately positioned on the slick surface. Great for your laptop, computer & PC.
- ✔【Non-slip rubber base.】 Dense shading and anti-slip natural rubber base can firmly grip the desktop. Premium soft material for your comfort and mouse-control.
- ✔【Washable Design and Fade Prevent.】 This mouse mat is made of mutispandex which has great locking-color effect. Liquid stains can be cleaned with water for continuous use. And it will not fade with repeated cleaning.
- ✔【Wide Applicability.】 Available for all types of mouse, LASER & OPTICAL. Ideal size for daily use. 2mm thickness to adapt to all surfaces. Enjoy 45 days money-back and 12-month worry-free warranty.
- Smooth cloth surface
- Steady rubber base
- Extra thick
- Great value for the money
- Qck Mass Dimensions - 11.2 W x 12.6 H x .2 D
- Superior control: Textile-weave surface designed for pixel-precise targeting and low friction tracking
- No Fray, No Fuss: Surrounded stitched edges guard against surface peeling for maximum durability
- Accurate + Precise: Optimized for both laser and optical gaming mice
- Zero slip: Anti-skid rubber base helps it stay securely in place
Which Mouse Pad Should I Get?
Obviously no one can outright answer this question for you . It’s like someone telling you if you should get cotton or silk boxers. However there is one aspect that the newcomers to the game too often neglect – size. This is purely because they are not familiar with how games that require extreme precision are played: at low sensitivity. “Low” is of course a very subjective measure but compared to vast majority of people – who play games casually (if they play at all) and are not comfortable with having to move their mouse a lot while playing – almost every pro players’ sensitivity would be considered as low.
The mats we are about to introduce to you are gaming mouse pads and the viewpoint we have on the subject is focused on competitive FPS games which require extreme mouse precision. However, we are fairly certain that there is no better purpose for benchmarking mouse pads than professional gaming (CS:GO in this case) – these gaming mouse mats are also perfect for any other purpose such as doing graphical work that requires mouse precision. If you have stumbled upon this article and your needs are somewhere else you can rest assured that all of the products we are about to introduce feature the basics like non slip / rubber base bottoms. What you won’t find below are the office worker gimmicks like ergonomic wrist rests or wrist pads and you are more than likely to be surprised by the large size of these.
Two Types of Material – Hard Pad and Soft Pad
These are pretty self-explanatory: on a hard pad your mouse will move faster and vice versa. Which suits you better is something you will have to test out for yourself but in general vast majority of good players tend to use soft mats. Personally I think they give you a better feel and precision on your mouse movements. There are some variations in the cloth that soft pads are made of, but the differences between these are best done by your own hand.
If you’ve never laid your hands on an actual gaming mouse pad the chances are you have never even tried a soft pad as the majority of your average office and home mouse pads are hard.
Soft pad: mousepad with soft fabric on top, smooth surface
Hard pad: mousepad with hard plastic on top
Mouse Pad Comparison Table
|Mouse pad||Width (inches)||Height (inches)||Depth (inches)||Surface|
|SteelSeries QcK Heavy||17.7||15.7||0.2||Soft|
|Razer Goliathus Speed Large||17.5||14||0.1||Soft|
|Corsair MM200 XL||17.7||14.8||0.2||Soft|
|Corsair MM400 (Standard)||13.9||10.7||0.08||Hard|
|Corsair MM600||13.9||10.7||0.2||Both (double-sided)|
Note: click the name of the product to check it from your closest Amazon branch.
Mouse Pads Professional CS:GO Players Use
Source: our Pro Setup Database
Top 10 Mouse Pads (For CS:GO) 2018
As you can tell by the comparison table the mouse pads we have picked are rather similar in size. This is the standard size pretty much every serious CS:GO player use – large enough for any “normal” sensitivity yet still small enough to fit in any setup. The size aspect is especially important for players who attend LAN tournaments as you want to have the same exact setup at both home and offline events. Thus using a full table sized mat is not ideal, but we will introduce a few further on as they are getting more popular.
Another criterion for getting a place on this list is being widely used among professional players. Of course the differences are quite minimal so getting a “gaming” branded mouse pad might sound a bit geeky for newcomers but if you are about to buy one why not go for the best? It is not like you are using your life savings on one anyway.
The Soft Pads
- SteelSeries QcK+
- SteelSeries QcK Heavy
- BenQ ZOWIE GS-R
- Razer Goliathus Speed Large
- Corsair MM200 XL
- Logitech G640
- Xtrfy XGP1-L4
SteelSeries QcK+ has become the go-to mouse pad among CS:GO players due to its unbeatable value for money ratio and SteelSeries QcK Heavy is a thicker version of it. You can’t go wrong with either of these unless you know for sure that you want a hard pad.
BenQ ZOWIE GS-R is almost as widely used as QcK’s and it is slightly bigger in size. These three are the ones we recommend the most, but if you don’t like their design the rest of the list are just as great but a bit more expensive than the QcK+ and similar to GS-R.
The Hard Pads and Hybrid
I have never been a hard pad guy so these are picked purely because they are the most used in professional Counter-Strike.
Corsair MM600 promises to deliver the best of both worlds with it’s dual-sided design but in reality the “soft” side of it is not as soft as the real soft pads on the list as both sides are made of polymer. It still is a decent choice if you are still looking for that perfect touch.
Best Extended Mouse Pads – The Bigger The Better?
If you want to get fancy you might want to consider an XXL or extended mouse pad or mouse mat as they tend to be called. These are meant to be under both your keyboard and mouse, providing a consistent surface for the whole front of your desk. Whether this is actually even useful is quite dubious to say the least, but some people like it just for the aesthetics. By no means is an extended mouse pad necessary for CS:GO however – you couldn’t even fit one into 90% of the LAN events.
If you want to go full MICHU (he plays at 312 truesens which is ridiculously low) you might get some small benefit out of want – provided that you have gigantic mouse space on your desk.
- Logitech G840 XL (900 x 400 x 3 mm / 35.43 x 15.75 x 0.10 in)
- SteelSeries QcK XXL (900 x 400 x 4 mm / 35.4 x 15.8 x 0.2 in)
- Corsair MM200 Extended (930 x 300 x 3 mm / 36.6 x 11.8 x 0.1 in)
- Razer Goliathus Control Extended (920 x 294 x 3 mm / 36.2 x 11.6 x 0.12 in)